28 April 2010

Third Year Work

I've been enjoying the time off from school and work, so I havn't posted anything in a bit. This is a piece I made for my Language of Abstraction class in the year that just ended. I came up with the idea by taking photos on the train going to school and cutting them up and combining them together. The last piece I made for this class was made in the same way. I think I want to make a series from this idea. The pallet is very neutral, like the scenery. I rather like this piece because of the repetition of irregular rectangles. Perhaps that is my ultimate concern in these works; the relationship between the irregular rectangle in comparison to the precise rectangular surface the image is on.
Hopefully I will start to make some new work soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like that tall white triangle that looks like it's going to fall over.

    And geese are okay, but swans are cooler. :)

    More art more art! :D

    ReplyDelete