19 April 2010

Portrait Sketches







So I have my last critique tomorrow that I have not prepared for yet. For some reason the last task you have to do in the year is always the most difficult to complete. Anyways, I was rummaging through a small sketchbook I found that I thought I misplaced and found a few portraits in it. Most of them were drawn on the Go Train. I also drew two super quick portraits last night and this morning. I think it's interesting to see my progression through the year.

The first sketch is of a woman sleeping on the train. Then I have a few people reading on the train, followed by another man reading on the train. The next drawing was done in sanguine conte, and I'm not sure if it's a self portrait or just a random face. Beneath that one is a self- portrait created last night before I went to bed. And finally, my personal favorite. A drawing of my boyfriend from a photograph. Actually I am going to use the same photograph for my final project. So this is more of a preparatory sketch than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment