13 April 2010

Painting for "Language of Abstraction" Class

I'm actually going to post some recent work! And it's super recent, ie. I finished it about an hour ago. It's a painting for one of my classes. The assignment was to create a painting on a shaped structure (so not a square or rectangle). I got my handy- dandy boyfriend to cut up a plank of wood into four parts, then I proceeded to beat up the smaller pieces with a hammer and chisel. I based the image off a series of photos I took on the train that I cut up and juxtaposed together. I'm pretty happy with this one. I'm not sure what else to do with it so I'm going to say it's finished. All I need to do now is go to Home Depot or wherever to get some little devices so I can hang the pieces up for my critique tomorrow.

PS. This isn't how I'm going to hang the pieces, I will try to take a photo of this at my critique to show how it should look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment