10 April 2010

Past Paintings





I wanted to post something today and I was looking at some of the paintings I have photographed and couldn't believe I hadn't posted these yet. I made these around November 2007 or 2008. They are five wooden panels painted with acrylic and acrylic gel and collaged with paper and acetate, 16x 20. I really like these pieces  because they were so fun to make. I made stencils from acetate, got a brayer (a printmaking tool to roll ink), and made a whole bunch of overlapping prints. The entire process is a lot different from how I've been making my paintings recently. This was very spontaneous, created laying flat on a table using bright colours. Recently, my paintings are very much thought out, upright on an easel using neutral colours. I'll have to include some actual recent works some time soon to show some of the differences. I just never seem to get around to photographing stuff.
In recent news, I've been blessed with a bastard of a cold. Isn't it great when you get sick during the last couple weeks of school when you have the most work to do. I just love it! **Hides under a blanket**

2 comments:

  1. You only posted a photo of one!? Lol. I like the style. And yeah you really should photograph them already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I made a boo boo and forgot to upload the rest of them at first. And thanks :)
    I'm kind of a lazy bum when it comes to documenting stuff, but as soon as school is over, I'll be all over it!

    ReplyDelete