09 March 2010

Staining

Hello. I havn't posted anything in a while, I've been busy with school, but I thought today would be a good day. This is an older work of mine, I made it during my second year. The assignment was to stain raw canvas. I really enjoyed this project and I also really liked the outcome of it. A lot of people I've shown this piece to are not really taken by it, but I think because I had so much fun creating this work that I like it so much more. The original piece has more purple in it. I used acrylic on raw canvas and pushed watered down paint across the surface with a medium sized paint scraper. The Large shapes the the middle of the piece was the result of pooled water when I let the piece dry.
I think in the summer, I may take on another similar project with staining canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment