21 October 2009

RAWR!

You know that feeling when you see someone's art and you're totally in love with it? I think I've been bombarded with art in the last two weeks. Between a visit to the AGO, falling in love with Alexander Calder's work after not looking at any of it in a couple of years, critiques at school, and watching "Where the Wild Things Are" (which was fantastic!), I feel like I'm buzzing inside. I'm afraid I'm going to attack my new canvas that I built (with a lot of help from the school technician) with something totally obscure and random. We'll see where it goes.
I think all creative people are total slackers. It must be a part of being creative. Almost everyone I know who is creative slacks off and procrastinates. Okay, maybe not EVERYONE, but close to it. I must be like creative person of the year because I'm too laid back sometimes. LOL! I carried a 3x 4 foot canvas from Toronto to Brampton on foot, a train, and two buses and did I work on it at all yet. NO. Why? I don't know, I must be all kinds of awesome....
Buuutttt listening to Matt Good is keeping me in a good mood right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment