05 October 2009

Blast from the past





So I'm going to post a few things from a little while ago. I really enjoy doodling and making comical stick figures and such, and last year I came up with the presenting the archetype of a beggar using a similar stick figure style. The whole idea of the beggar is that they are constantly dependent on something, so I illustrated two beggars dependent on each other. (The two alien- like figures with the fused arms). Later I showed their separation and faulty communication in a simple drawing. And then I used a similar figure in a diptych with a girl and her lamb and the separation of the two. I guess I've always been interested in the interaction between people and the development and decay of relationships. I'm not exactly showing my best work here, just some ideas I've had in my head that I think are interesting. I'll post some more stuff later, and hopefully something a little more current, LOL!

- natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment