30 December 2009

Figure Painting




Today I'm going to post some figure paintings.
The first nude study is a 30x 40 oil monochrome on an acrylic stained surface. I added a bit of a glaze with burnt sienna, and the red around the figure is in oil.
The second figure is also in oil on a stained 30x 40 surface. This one was odd. We had to use a limited palette from a list that the teacher gave us and I chose red, green, white, and black which gave the painting a weird effect. Also, just the position of the pose was a challenge along with my point of view. I remember this model though, he was a pretty interesting guy, a writer. I think his name was Phlip.
The last one is done in acrylic on paper. It is about 5' tall and I'm not really sure how wide it is. This was a 3 week pose, the others were done in two weeks. Each week we get about 3 hours to work on the figure. This was also done in a limited palette of red, yellow, white, and black. But I used blue as the ground to work on as well as the sheet that covered the chair. This one was kind of fun to do and was very different from working on the other poses. I was able to do a lot of layering with paint because it dried so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment